Wednesday, December 17, 2008

More Graduation

Well, here is the rest of the graduation story. For about 3 years now I have been picturing in my mind what these glorious family graduation pictures would look like. I visualized my man is his cap and gown with me looking lovely by his side and our 3 adorable children basking in the happiness of the day. Well, how's this for matching that description??









Not exactly what I had in mind...no wonder everyone kept staring at us. As if we weren't spectacle enough being the only graduate with a family...we had to be a family with spazzing, screaming children.
Problem A: I managed to pack dress clothes for the kids but somehow forgot my skirt...thank goodness Dave's mom had a pair of black slacks with her or else I would have attended graduation in jeans...awesome.
Problem B: We had been running all over the place all day long so the kids were extremely tired, hence the reason Jack is wailing.
Problem C: Somehow none of us are looking at the camera. In fact, not one of us is looking in the same direction. Nice. Well, hopefully when I raid the parents cameras I will find something a little more promising.
But, even without the picture I have been dreaming about for years, it was still a great night and I enjoyed every minute.
Now for picture that I have been dreaming about for years failure #2




This picture is yet another I have been excited and planned for for several years now. But, since certain people in the picture aren't cooperating (why is he always doing that?), let me explain. This picture was to be titled "Dave's College Souvenirs." He has acquired a very lasting "item" at each school he has attended and we are all dressed accordingly. Kira=BYU-Idaho Brooklyn=BYU Jack=UNC Bradley=Fresno State (ok, Dave never went to school at Fresno State, but that's where we lived when he was born, so good enough for the sake of the picture.) Anyway, I have been so excited for this picture, but alas, I forgot one crucial parenting commandment. Thou shalt not rush the children. When thou doest rush the children, they shall rebel. Period. So, here is my memory. But, again, I am not bitter. Actually - I just look at it and it makes me laugh. So much for planning.
Ok - now for a few great pictures. While I was there I arranged to meet up with a few friends. I tried to catch them all for a picture, but of course missed a few, so here's what I got. We miss all these fun people. Kids sure do grow up in 1 1/2 years! It was so fun to see the ones I got to see - wish I could have seen all my good Greeley friends.
L to R: Jack, Sedra, Bradley, Brooklyn, Barak, Kristin, Madison, Kara, Aury)
L to R: Austin, Kaitlyn, Bradley, Brooklyn, Brandon, Eric)
***Just a side note***
Check out Dave's graduation gift.
My parents thought we could use a more "family-friendly" vehicle. Minivans are so yesterday.
(Truthfully, my dad just had a momentary lapse of sanity and decided that this would make a lovely rental car...I didn't even want Dave drive it at all - hello! Can we say "let's crash it and double our already overwhelming student loan debt!")

3 comments:

Tringali Family said...

These pictures are the best! I have decided to set my hopes real low for pics, so they usually will turn out somewhat ok. I just expect Ella to make a sour face;)

Angela said...

congratutlations Dave! What an awesome accomplishment and can I just say you are my hero Kira! To have three kids and a Dr. for a hubby. you deserve a day or two at the spa!

Janet said...

This is so exciting for you guys! When we were in Greeley it seemed like Dave was going to be in school forever :o) Hooray...way to go Dave!!! I'm so sorry about the kids not cooperating, but can I say that it really makes me feel a whole lot better because my kids are the same way. We love you guys so much!!