My poor little Brookie has caught a cold. Thursday morning she woke up looking a little yucky. She came wandering into my room around 7am. I took one look at her and knew she didn't feel well. "Brookie, how are you feeling?" "I'm okay Mom, I am just tired." (cough, cough) "You don't look so good, I don't think you should go to school today." "WHY???" (sniff, sniff w/ pouty lip) "Because Brooklyn, if you go to school when you are sick, you will make your friends and teachers sick." "No Mommy, no!" (tears, tears, and more tears)
I decided to keep Brooklyn home from school, and she spent the better half of the morning crying because she couldn't go to school. This girl LOVES school. She will never tell me when she doesn't feel well in fear that I will keep her home. The funniest part to me is that her teacher says that she hardly says a word when she is there. "Does she like school?" her teacher asks me. Are you kidding me? I'm happy she loves it so much, but summer break is going to be rough on the poor girl.
4 comments:
I have a feeling I will be in the same situation with Ethan. Every day he asks if he's big enough for school yet. It's so cute and I just hope that he keeps that mindset.
How cute that she loves school so much. Hope she is feeling better.
And, and love the recent family pictures! They turned out so cute!! Such a good looking family!
You could tell from the picture that she didn't feel well. Poor girl. It must be going around right now and it is miserable. I hope she is feeling better now.
Oh, you got a good one if she loves school... the part about her being quiet at school... she must get that from David :)
Post a Comment