So picture me sweeping and re-arranging my beautiful food storage when suddenly I hear "Sssss."
What was that? I took a brief survey of the garage to make sure there wasn't anything about to blow up, or that Jack wasn't spray painting graffiti on the side of my house. Nope - everything looks good and Jack is just kicking his soccer ball in the grass. Sweep sweep...Ssssss...giggle, giggle. I look out to see Jack look at me, laugh, and run away from the van.
I think to myself, "What is he doing?" So, being the good mother I am, I pretend to keep sweeping and working while secretly spying to see what he is up to. I see him tippy-toe back over to the van,, bend down next to the front drivers side tire, take out his little set of keys from grandma, and use one of those keys to push the stem on the tire. It made that lovely Ssss sound, blew air in his face which makes him look at me, laugh, and run back over to his soccer ball.
The little pill. How did he figure that out? Such a clever child. So, what did I do? Like any good mother, I ran in the house, grabbed my camera and told him to do it one more time so I could get a picture. It's shameful what we do sometimes to get a priceless picture to go with a great blog story.
P.S. Please ignore the fact that he is still in his pajamas. He really, really, really doesn't like to get dressed so some days it just isn't worth the fight.
8 comments:
That is too funny. I saw the picture and thought initially that he was popping the tire! And I'll ignore the pajama thing- it's definitely a fight with Chloe to get her to wear something that actually matches in the morning. Most of the time she wants to wear a shirt on upside down as pants just because they are easier to put on herself that way. :-)
So great...I think the p.j.s is my favorite part! I also love the new family pictures! What a great looking family!
That's hilarious! The things kids figure out! And seriously, I get my kids dressed every morning...and half the time they change back into their p.j.'s, so what's the point?
Lucky, i can't keep Ethan in P.J.'s. Even on rainy lasy days when all I want to do it sit around he jammies, he must be dressed. Cute photo, hope Brooklyn is feeling better!
What a courious, mischevious kid! And so Cute!
HAHA That is funny!!! I would do the same, run inside and get the camera. Cute, cute!
That story made me laugh out loud! That is awesome. At first I thought you had a snake in your garage... nope, just a cute boy up to trouble :)
I love reading your blog. I empathize with all the stories you have about your kids. The rule at our house is you have to be dressed to get cholcolate milk in the morning. So Sedra will get dressed and once her milk is gone, she gets right back in pj's it is frustrating but what do you do?
Post a Comment