Sunday, July 19, 2009

Another year

Well, since I have been absent for so long, I should have something extremely exciting to post, but I have put my camera charger in a very special place...so special that I can't remember where that is. I am sure I will come across it when I actually clean my house this week. Three weeks of constant partying has caused me to neglect my housekeeping duties.

So...I thought I would reminisce about the past year - I celebrated another birthday a couple of days ago which caused me to think about everything that happened in my glorious 27th year.

Since I turned 26...

I have lost 38 pounds...yes, it's true...but only because on my birthday last year I was 8.5 months pregnant with an 8 pound 11 oz baby

Which means that in the last year I have given birth...just 13 days after my birthday last year

I watched my husband graduate with his doctorate degree - Hallelujah!

I have gone back to school to finish my bachelors degree

I have moved...into the house next door

I have started running every day (thanks for the motivation Sharlene)

I celebrated my 6th wedding anniversary

I got a new sister-in-law

I lost the tail light on my van...which I'll probably get a ticket for...I should take care of that...

I sent my "baby" to preschool

I spent many hours volunteering in that preschool which I loved.

I didn't see one snowflake (yay for me)

I completed my "Year Supply" :)

I didn't exactly get full coverage sunscreen on Bradley's nose last week while we were at the beach which caused 2 noticeably large blisters which are now scabs...sorry my son

I thought I was clever enough to give Brooklyn a beautiful haircut...which she is still recovering from

I decided that I would never again give Brooklyn another haircut - it's worth the $12 for someone who knows what they are doing

I have completely avoided (at all costs) potty training Jack...do you think if I wait long enough that he will just train himself??

I have started to actually go to bed at a reasonable hour and get up early - very much out of character for me

I have thought about developing some kind of hobby since I am a very hobby-less person - but, alas, I haven't done it.

Well, I guess that will do for the year. I am one year older, and hopefully wiser too. Let's see what 27 brings.

4 comments:

Chelsea Ellingson said...

Happy Birthday! Just think, you have about 60 more of those years to come, give or take a few. Actually...don't think about that. I plan to never grow old. Or grow up. One of the two. :-)

Julie said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like a busy year. Hopefully this year will include hanging out with your cousin-in-law this weekend when we visit Dave's parents!

Janet said...

Happy Birthday...late! I feel the same blog pressure, too: that the funny-ness needs to be in direct proportion to the time it's been since your last post. You never fail, though. I wish I could've been closer to you in the last year! Way to go on the running and losing all the pounds. You're awesome. I still have a ways to go.

Audrey said...

1. Don't you feel 3cm tall when your kids are terribly sunburned? I forget it all the time for myself, and that is just what I get for not remembering. But when I forget to put it on the kids, oh, that's when it's real painful.

2. Yay for school. You can do it!

3. I'm hoping that Tyler will potty train himself too. I don't want to wait though. He should have trained himself months ago!

4. Scrapbook! It's a fun way of keeping your personal family history/journaling. And you do it however you want!