Tuesday, August 11, 2009

One more birthday!

Our final birthday for 2009! Wow - those 4 birthdays within 16 days creates quite a whirlwind. On August 3rd this little lady celebrated her 5th birthday! Pretty unbelievable that my girl is 5. Time certainly does fly, but what great 5 years they have been. Seriously, I couldn't be more proud of this girl. She is quite possibly the kindest, most loving person alive. She is the absolute best big sister, and one easy, delightful child to raise. We sure are lucky parents!
Here she is with her birthday cake. (Please don't judge me, I totally cheated on her cake - by birthday number 4 in a 2 week period I was getting tired of making (and eating) birthday cakes.) Sooo, my brilliant mother in law found this pop out castle on a gift bag so we cut it out, bought a little princess doll and squished them into a chocolate creme pie. Voila! Thankfully Brooklyn was thrilled.

At the last minute we threw together a mini birthday party (ok it was actually just hot dogs, cupcakes, and a pinata). Here's the kids showing off their monstrous muscles after they clobbered that pinata.

And what would a birthday post be like without a little blast from the past.




I always knew she was meant for the warm weather...(2 days old)

Our girl at 4 months old.

2 years old


What a blessing this girl truly is. Love you Brookie.

1 comment:

TimothyandJessica said...

Wow, Kira, she's getting so big and beautiful! What a marvelous blessing!