Sunday, December 4, 2011

Greetings from Visalia

Whew - what a month.
Basically, moving is e.x.h.a.u.s.t.i.n.g!
And sometimes (in retrospect) funny.
I mean, I suppose now that it is over,
having baby cockroaches crawl out of my oven when I turned it on was pretty hilarious.
Oh wait, no it actually wasn't.
Pretty much, it was just gross and creepy.
I was going to put a picture on here to give the full effect,
but they all made me squirm,
so you'll just have to imagine those little antennas...
BUT, the bank did have to buy me a new one because of it, so all is well.
And I am certainly not bitter. 
(Even though we only had a microwave to cook with for a month....but I'm not bitter, remember?)
Besides that, I'm spending lots of time painting the house.
Which it seems I shouldn't do.
Why?

Oy.
That would be my laundry room floor.
And in all honesty, I can't even blame that on anyone but myself - and maybe my ladder.
But for the record, cleaning paint out from under a washer and dryer
 is about as much fun as jabbing a pencil in your eye. 
What is fun though, is turning yourself into a human paintbrush.

Really, what are the chances that he could be running, trip,
 and just happen to fall right into my 5 gallon bucket of paint?
For the love, child.
Really though, I think I might blow this one up because it seriously makes me laugh.
This picture really is worth a thousand words. 
Or at least makes you wonder a few things.
Like why do neither of these boys have pants on?!
I'm still wondering about that one...
And where is their mother?
I was painting, of course -
and taking pictures of my paint-up-to-his-shoulder-pants-less-boy.
And his very guilty looking brother...
All Dave said when he saw both of these pictures is,
"I told you not to paint when the kids are around."
He may have a point.

10 comments:

Sarah said...

Kira, you are so awesome! I am so glad that you guys have moved here paint covered kids and all. You are pretty amazing that you are getting your house painted with four kids in toe.

Tringali Family said...

So when does Dave expect you to paint??? Probably NEVER! Good thing you only have a bazillion more rooms to go, I am sure none of that paint will end up anywhere but your walls :)

Angela said...

Oh it feels good to have you back! What fun moving is! I love that last pictures of your boys...I do beleive one has his underwear on backwards.

And I agree with the Tringali Family...when should you paint without the kids?

Thanks for posting!

Matt and Jessie said...

Sorry about the paint! That looks like something that would happen at my house! Good luck with all the painting! Hope you and your beautiful family have a Merry Christmas!

Kristy Skoy said...

I seriously can't stop laughing! That is the BEST PICTURE EVER!! Im sorry about your floor and stuff. But that is FUNNY!

Tringali Family said...

PS I should add, why in the world is Bradley wearing UNDERWEAR in the first place, you are going to have more than just paint to clean up!

Gungadin500 said...

That is hilarious!!! Gotta love painting mishaps. I'm so happy you got a new oven and that things are going well otherwise. Don't worry about the pantsless thing. My boys do it ALL the time. Every day I yell at them to get some on...must be in their genes!

Gungadin500 said...

P.S. That comment was from Heather...not Jared in case you didn't figure it out yet. :) OOPS!!!

Bryan and Sunny Tringali said...

That is tooo funny! thanks for the post. :)

Kellianne said...

Sounds like you've had some priceless moments! Painting is about my least favorite job in the world! Good luck!