Sunday, May 13, 2012

Wildlife Part 1

I am allergic to cats.
Because of that, I have been telling Brooklyn that she wouldn't be able to have one.
Which broke her little heart.
And caused her to start making a large collection of yarn balls which were for
"her cats that she would have when she was a grown-up."
Which caused me to envision her as one of those "cat ladies."
You know, the one's with hundreds of cats prowling  inside of a 400 square foot house?"
Yuck.
So, basically I caved and demonstrated stellar parenting techniques
by doing exactly what I said I wouldn't do.
Meet Rosie.
In my one week of experience in being a cat owner, 
I have discovered a couple of things about this little cutie.
A)  This particular cat has (at least so far) an amazing temperament.
I never thought of cats as being the friendliest of pets, but this one has been awesome with the kids.
B)  This poor thing is a survivor.
Life at this household will bring plenty of love,
but not always manifested in the best way.
The poor kitty has endured lots of "toddler handling."
Like being picked up by the tail, carried around by the neck (shudder),
sent down the slide,
and thrown into a bucket full of water.
Poor thing.
But, as I said before, she has survived all of those things and has never scratched or even hissed.
She's doing better than me!
C)  She's no dummy.
She know that when  "Wild Aubrey" comes out to play,
she better take cover under the rose bushes.
D)  She thinks she is Brooklyn's child.
No joke.
Brooklyn carries her around like she's a newborn child,
and then she'll climb up and sit on Brooklyn's shoulder.
And then Brooklyn will nuzzle her little nose into that fur.
Ok barf, seriously, it's just a bit too much for me.
I should mention though, that after a full inspection,
Brooklyn says that Rosie has 6 bellybuttons.
Uh, Brooklyn..........oh, never mind.
Those ARE very nice belly buttons.
E)  Litter boxes are fantastic.
If you don't have kids who like to play in "sand."
And most importantly, a Mother can only stay strong for so long
when she has children who love animals like these kids do.
Yep, we are an All-American Family.
A husband and wife,
2 boys,
2 girls,
one obese dog  (who looks like a bear statue in this picture)
and a kitten named Rosie.
Oh, and a minivan.

Not bad, if you ask me.

2 comments:

lori said...

You are such a great mom, putting you child's wants before your allergies. Your kids are so cute, we miss you guys. Oh, and invest in lots of allergy medicine.

Andrea said...

Ha! This is so funny!! Jaci is dying to get a cat, but I just don't think I could handle it. I'm not even allergic to them, I just don't like them! You are such a great mom. Will we see you this summer? Hopefully!!