If you and I are facebook friends,
then I suppose you've heard the news.
We're expecting a tiny human.
That just happens to be a boy.
Dave and I didn't care whether we were getting a boy or a girl.
It would be a tie breaker either way.
But apparently, by the reactions I got from our other kids,
they all had a gender selected.
I broke the news to each of them separately.
Here's how it went down:
Me: We're having a boy.
Or, the baby in Mommy's tummy is a boy.
Or, you are getting a baby brother.
Aubrey: (She looks at me with one lifted eyebrow) and says,
"Ummm, no. I don't want a boy baby. It's a girl baby."
Bradley: "Yay! Will he be born with a light saber?"
Jack: With a jump and mega fist pump - "YES! We will have a boy army!"
Brooklyn: "Sigh. Ok Mom, but the next baby needs to be a girl, OK?"
It seems that my girls are seriously concerned (or in denial)
about the fact that there will be more males in this home.
And by the responses from my boys,
it sounds like we should all be concerned.
Yay for babies!
And yay for kids who keep life interesting.
Bring on January 7th!

3 comments:
Congratulations! We're so happy for you!
Congratulations!!! How exciting.
congrats, you do make some cute little boys! Maybe you'll even have him on my birthday Jan 4th!
Post a Comment