Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Finally joining the wonderful world of blogging. It was actually Dave's idea as he wants me to relieve his guilt of not keeping a journal. So, that being said - I will start this endeavor with an update on each of us.
Dave is busy being a working man and trying to get this dissertation done. It has been a long and fairly painful process, but we are finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. He was also just called last Sunday as the 2nd counselor in the Young Mens so he is assigned to work with the deacons. So here goes a life of Scouts, campouts, and crazy boys.
I am surviving in this 24th week of pregnancy. The baby is busy in there, but is growing and developing as he should so I am happy. I am a little nervous about the hot weather that is just around the corner, but I guess there is no avoiding that. I haven't started getting things ready for the baby yet, but we are wondering exactly where we will put him. Things are a little tight in here, but I am sure we will figure it out before August comes.
Brooklyn is such a great little helper. I can't believe how smart and clever she is. We have her ready to go for preschool in the fall which should be great. She is a little sponge soaking up anything we will teach her. She knows the first 2 Articles of Faith and has almost got the third. We've started teaching her to read and she loves it all. She will be so much help when the baby comes. I look forward to watching her mothering skills. She helps us take care of Jack and even read stories to Dave the other day when he was sick with a cold. It was so sweet.
Jack is our bouncing ball of energy and such a joy to have around. He is talking so well - speaking in sentences and able to name most everything. He LOVES cars - especially Lightning McQueen. He is 100% boy but so gentle. He adores Brooklyn and copies most everything she does and says they are buddies.
We can't wait to add another little boy to the mix. These two are so fun - there are times that I want to have 15 just like them. And then of course, there are times that I wonder what we were thinking by having another one. :) But, if 2 can bring such joy - I can only guess that 3 will bring more! A few more months and we will see.

No comments: