Sunday, February 22, 2009

AMGEN Tour of California


Our happy town of Clovis got to host the finish of Stage 4 in the AMGEN Tour of California. You know what that means...free fun! We are there. And, since the action was all happening right out Dave's office window, he got the day off. It's a little hard to perform an accurate hearing test when there's a REALLY loud band playing right outside.

(Right below that Hearing Dynamics sign is Dave's office window)
We enjoyed checking out all the booths (and collecting free samples). My personal favorite part was that they had a free kids area with bounce houses, face painting, and games.




The kids had a blast playing while we waited for the riders to get into town. Dave kept tabs on the race (much better than he kept tabs on the kids), and called us over when they started getting close. It worked out perfect, we just strolled over to our front row spot and waited 10 or 15 minutes for the bikers to whizz past.
I couldn't believe how fast they were going! I kind of expected them to be a little more spread out, but all the racers came by in one big group. Our wait was all for about 4 seconds of seeing the actual bikers. It was awesome! After they passed us, they basically were going around the block to the finish line so Dave left us and cut through to see the finish.
We had a great time!
(Does it count to say that you saw Lance Armstrong in person when all you saw was the blur of him, and you weren't even sure which one he was?) :)

4 comments:

Janet said...

You've successfully made Matt and I extremely jealous!! It looked like so much fun...I wish we could've been there with you.

Tringali Family said...

I'm counting it as having seen Lance ;)

Mary and Dean said...

What a great time. Glad you guys were able to be a part of such a cool event. Oh, by the way we'll be visitng my folks from March 13-16th any chance of seeing you guys?? let me know we miss you!

Heather said...

I was going to say yes on seeing Lance Armstrong until you said you couldn't tell which one he was...now I am not so sure that qualifies. That looked like tons of fun!