Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Please give me a Huggie...

Does anyone see anything wrong with this picture? (Well, besides all the fingerprints on the fireplace...lovely.)


Maybe you need a closer look.



Yes, my friends, it is what you think it is. Occasionally, my frugal-self takes over and I start to think about the ridiculousness of paying 20 cents for a piece of cotton that holds some "stuff" and then I throw it away. sigh. It is during these moments that I fall into the temptation to buy a cheaper brand. Why? I don't know. Even if it is just holding "stuff," it is very important that that "stuff" is held in. I mean, no mother likes to walk in the room and see this...




...especially when it's owner is nowhere to be seen. Well, as you may have guessed, I have been seeing this scene a lot lately. Not good. This particular box of diapers is taking a really long time to go through... But, where there is embarassment for me, there is a good story for you. Let me elaborate.

We are at the park a few days back. The kids are having a good old time and I am chatting away watching them play. Suddenly my friend says, "Uh Kira, I think Jack has a problem." I look over just in time to see his diaper fall out of his pant leg. Nice. How does the boy manage to get his diaper off without removing his pants?

Well, he didn't miss a beat and was enjoying his moment of freedom on the play structure. He could care less that his pants were on their way down. "Jack!...Jack!...Jack!!" It took a lot of coaxing, chasing, and eventual man-handling to capture the "cheeky" boy and get another super diaper on him before he embarrassed all the little girls (and his mother) on the playground.




Yes Jack, I feel that way too.


Ladies and gentlemen, I am off to re-evaluate my budget. We need to allocate a few more $ to the diaper fund.

7 comments:

Lori said...

That is so funny! Good diapers are definitely worth the extra $. I love reading your blog. You always make me laugh with your stories. Your family is so cute!

Heather said...

Super cute post! AND I do not ever want to hear you talk about other people being so creative on their blogs because you are right up there with the best of them. Thanks for keeping me entertained!

Unknown said...

This is so funny! i'm going through the same thing w/ Austin. I got all these free diapers from my Aunt's work, and I'm determined to save the money... But when Austin wakes up from nap time with the diaper fastened around his waist like a belt, and the front of it hanging down-separate- i rethink the $$$ as well!

Tringali Family said...

I glad I was there to witness the escape of both the diaper and Jack!

Johnson Family said...

Yes for some odd reasons those cheaper diapers just don't measure up. Or should I say hold up!!!!

Janet said...

Oh, man! I actually needed one of those diapers while I was reading this post!!! You are so funny and I really think you should consider writing a book. I think probably Jack, alone, could give you enough material. You made my day!!

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmmmmmm I'd love to see his pants come down and no diaper, naked kids are the best