Thursday, October 8, 2009

Dear friend

Dear WinCo Shopper,
Thank you for being understanding today when I accidentally ran over Jack's toe (the one I had told him to move out of the way at least 80 times) with the grocery cart. I appreciate you drawing added attention to me by pointing, shaking your head and telling anyone who passed by that "SHE ran over his foot, that poor boy." I mean, Jack's screaming wasn't quite attracting enough attention or embarrassment. And I know that you really wanted me to buy that bag of frozen peas to use as an ice pack in fear that Jack's toe might swell and subsequently fall off, and I apologize that I didn't follow your advice. Instead I told you that I was leaving and that he was fine, to which you expressed your distaste in my judgement. But, you will be happy to know that due to his injury we had to amputate Jack's entire foot. Also, if you'll meet me at Target tomorrow morning you can watch me run over one of my other children. Since I do that kind of thing on purpose. Oh, and I hope you had a lovely shopping experience because I sure did.


P.S. Wait until you see me in one of these!

6 comments:

Tringali Family said...

That is too funny....good thing you didn't run over her toe, she would definitely sue you!
PS Bad mom, bad bad mom.

Lori said...

Gotta love "helpful" people like that at the grocery store.

lori said...

I'm so sorry, Kira. There's nothing like someone sticking their nose in your business when things are hectic enough. I once had a lady shake her head and tell me, "What did you do to deserve 4 boys?" She wasn't even joking. I told her they were great and I couldn't be happier. By the way, I wouldn't mind an invitation to your soon to be private blog.

Unknown said...

yay! stick it to all those "helpers" full of useful advice! the pointing, and judging really does not make me a better mother, just less tolerant of strangers opinions!

Janet said...

Let me at her, Kira! I'll take her down for you and for all mother-kind. No one talks to my BFF like that!!!! She probably had no idea she was talking to my motherhood role model.

Mary and Dean said...

Oh the joys of motherhood. I love it when everyone has an opinion. I had to sub for ethan's primary class last week and he was so bad I had to kick him out. I put him in the hall in time out and as he screamed all the kind ward members tried to console my abandonded child. I was give a dirty look or two when I asked them to leave him alone that he was in time out. Those are the times where you wonder, why did I want kids so badly? Take care. I feel your pain!