Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Alien Abduction

It seems that we've been invaded.


I am guessing that some alien ship landed on my roof a couple of weeks ago, climbed into Jack's room, stole Jack, and replaced him with a new version.
I like it.
About a month ago I was feeling at the end of my rope with my 2nd born.  He's as cute as can be, but his behavior was making me nutty.  Potty training nightmares, not listening, purposely making bad choices just for the sake of making them, STUBBORNESS etc.  Not fun.  So, I decided that things couldn't continue like this.  I mean, I know that he is 3, and it kind of comes with the territory, but something had to change.  I consulted a few parenting books, focused all my energies, physical and psychological and changed my approach with the boy.
Amazingly, it worked almost immediately....either that or the whole alien thing is true...
I am so proud of him - he actually WANTS to be agreeable, he's proud of himself for making good choices, and isn't nearly as stubborn as before.  Ahhh...sweet relief.  Hopefully this isn't just a phase - that would be a cruel, cruel joke.

Naughty or nice - this boy brings lots of laughs and fun to our family...but it sure is nice when he's nice.  :)

(P.S.  Just in case Jack reads this as an adult or any of you are inclined to think that he is perfect 100% of the time, think again...)

P.S.S.  Does anyone know where the spellchecker is on this new version?  I am mortified to think of the typos I have published...

6 comments:

Kerri Huntsman said...

What a cute boy!! Yes they can try your patience at times.

Kimberly said...

What techniques are you using with him because we could use some agreeable children around here!

Stephanie Ryan said...

You need to let me borrow these books because BOY oh BOY could I use them for Madie......seriously my 3 year old + me = me going insane.

Janet said...

I'm with everyone else: what's the secret?!

TimothyandJessica said...

Isn't it nice when you can get some outside hints that actually make a difference? I enjoy reading parenting books because after words there is always some aspect of my parenting and the children's behavior that improves. Although, no strategy lasts forever. We have to keep learning and growing.

Angela said...

I wouild LOVE to know what youa re doing. Jared has been the same way...please share.

Ilove your family pictures! what a great family!