Brooklyn (and apparently Bradley) is now slaving away in an attempt to help her poor mother. At 5 years old, she's old enough to load the dishwasher, right?
She is also learning to read - I am amazed at how quickly she is picking it up.
Bradley has learned the art of irritating his brother and sister by turning off the TV right in the middle of Frosty the Snowman.
He has also decided that it is absolutely unacceptable that I feed him. He MUST feed himself.
Oh, and just as I thought I would get out of having a climber, I have repeatedly found him sitting in the middle of the kitchen table.
Jack has a defined perimeter of what is strictly his playing area. Bradley, however, doesn't seem to understand why he can't squinch in and play. As a result, Jack has discovered many new and highly effective ways to remove Bradley from that perimeter.
He also has decided that I have no taste in clothes (which is likely correct) so he must pick out his own. My only problem is that he has no concept of WINTER or tags. Shorts and his shirt on backwards. Nice.
Jack has also discovered the magic of scissors. In the name of fine motor skills development...I will endure. Maybe I should teach him how to use a broom...
For the record, I have not acquired any new skills of my own. Unless of course, you count planning ways to have the kids do more of my housework or skillfully not making dinner on a Saturday night so that Dave will have to pick up Little Ceasars.
Come to think of it, I think those should definitely count. I think I will start developing a few more. Any ideas?




No comments:
Post a Comment