I think there are a few things wrong with the world. Surprise, Surprise. I am not talking about the political climate, or the climate in general. I am talking about the modern child and parent. I think there are some serious problems going on here. Let me explain a few of my observations and you tell me what you think.
I volunteer in Brooklyn's classroom every Monday. During this time spent with 20 five year olds, I have noticed a few things that I find slightly concerning.
* Does anyone else think that acryllic nails on a 5 year old is going a little far?
* How about a 5 year old walking into the classroom sipping away on her own Starbuck's cup? (I realize that it was likely hot chocolate, but still.)
* Or the boy who told the class that he smoked a cigarette?
* Oh, how about a 5 year old telling everyone that she saw the Jonas Brothers in concert?
* And how the Jonas Brother's are really rich.
* And then recited many of their songs to me while she was doing her art project.
* And how she hoped her mom remembered to bring her iPod when she picked her up.
Next thing I know, they'll be coming in with cell phones and highlights.
Is my child really that odd because she loves hopscotch and My Little Pony? ...just wondering...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That is sad! Really sad! This world scares me sometimes. I hope that Brooklyn's sweet spirit and fun personality will rub off on them and bring them back their childhood.
I agree with everything. Homeschool?
That is so crazy! I can't believe it! My friend was just telling me all the junk her 9 year old daughter was hearing at school; things I didn't know until I was married! I wonder about homeschool myself sometimes...there's got to be a happy medium?
Come back to Idaho! I guess we are old fashioned here!
Post a Comment