Everyone talks about the ability and speed that a toddler learns. Well what about his mother - she has a lot to learn too - and must often figure it out before that little toddler does. So, I have started to compile a list of things that I have learned so far. I plan to add to this list as it would be impossible to record it all in one day. So, if I fail to mention something, please share as I think we all have learned or will need to learn the same things. The first sampling follows, in no particular order:
1. Dad's will always gag while changing a stinky.
2. No matter how long the dishes sit in the sink, they will never wash, dry, and put themselves away.
3. When a 5 year old says her tummy hurts, believe her. And grab a bowl. She's not old enough to use it as an excuse to get out of something.
4. Moms need naps too.
ZZZZZZZ
5. Babies poop in the tub.6. Kid's have ALOT more fun when ALL the toys are out.
7. Potty training is the devil, but having your child fully trained is fabulous.
8. Teething is your constant companion from about 4 months until about 2 - so buy lots of Orajel & Teething Tablets.
9. Speaking of Teething Tablets, if your child, hypothetically speaking of course, were to consume half the bottle in less than 1 minute, there is no need to call poison control. They will just tell you that they are mostly sugar. Not that I would know.
10. Kids really will bring you more joy than you ever thought possible. (and according to my dad; a head full of gray hair - but I think that comes with a different degree of parenting.)







2 comments:
oh man kira! i just caught up on your blog- soooo funny! thanks for brightening my day, and highlighting how important and hard it is being a mommy sometimes!
I love it! How about something along the lines of 'if your children wake up during the night, they will stagger themselves to ensure that the parents get no sleep' A very common problem in our house!! Matt and I really think they plan it all out while we have our backs turned before they go to bed.
Post a Comment