Friday, February 26, 2010

Treasures

I have moved several times in the last decade.  Each place I have moved into it seems has contained a special token from the previous occupant.  You know, priceless items like half used bags of rat poison, old plungers, or scratched up pots and pans.
Today though, I found the best one yet.  I have lived in this house for 10 months now, but today as I was searching for my missing chicken boullion cubes, I stuck my head in the cupboard.  It's one of those pointless cupboards in the corner of the kitchen that extends to all depths of the house, but only has about 1 foot square accessable space.  An ideal place for "special" items to collect.
Let me show you the sweet treasure I was thrilled beyond words to find today.

Nice, huh?
What, you don't know what this is?
Obviously it is a brain mold.  Don't you have one?

I think we'll have Jell-O tonight.

I am thinking I could win a prize or something for the world's most random thing left from a previous occupant. 
Can anyone beat this little gem?

P.S.  Has anyone seen my bouillon cubes?

5 comments:

Jenny said...

We found a collection of old smoking pipes and a wide selection of various tobaccos. It was deep in the basement, and we left it there for the next owners because I didn't want to touch it. Gross.

Jared and Karissa said...

I think you DEFEINETLY won-- weirdest thing to find in a house! Sounds like Halloween dinner tonight at your house!

lori said...

That would totally freak me out if I found that hiding in my cupboards!

Lori said...

Ha Ha! That is hilarious. I don't think I have ever found anything so random, although we did find quite a few treasure in our lawn: toys, tools, underwear, slippers. And someone threw a construction cone over the fence.

Julie said...

Wow- that is cool! I don't think I've ever found a treasure when moving into a new place. I'm starting to feel cheated!