Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Why I have children

Everyone has children for a different reason.
I have a whole list of my own reasons, but lingering at the top of that list is for moments like this:

Yes, it brings me joy to watch them laugh and play.
But the real fun is being the one holding the hose.

Love these kids!
And I'm grateful they let me spend the afternoon torturing them.
There's something highly entertaining and satisfying about really giving someone a good squirt with the hose.
I can't imagine where my boys get their love for the hose...

I can't forget this little girl.

She was in my arms today thoroughly enjoying the show.

6 comments:

Janet said...

I need your kids around here. My girls are so lame when it comes to being silly and just having fun. I have to practically threaten them so they'll get in the little backyard pool and forget about sprinklers. There's no way! We went to a splash park yesterday, it was over 100 degrees, and they sat at my feet while I talked to my friends. They're crazy! Please come visit and teach my kids how to be fun.

Chelsea Ellingson said...

I discovered a new sport today. It's called Lawn Chair Squirt Gun Fight. We got the little squirt guns out and they come right up to me, I don't even have to chase them around the yard! Which is helpful when you've got a watermelon attached to your front. :-) Except Chloe didn't really understand the concept of "time out"- she seemed to think that she could yell it really loud and that I would stop squirting her long enough for her to squirt me back. Ha- fat chance! I, however, made the mistake of playfully dumping a bucket of water on Linus, to which he playfully returned the favor when I was occupied with my battle with Chloe. Luckily it was really hot so my clothes dried fast. :-)

Johnson Family said...

Look at all that hair! She is so adorable. Ahhh yes summertime. It is fabulous. It is super funny how a grown women gets pleasure out of hosing down her children. It's all in the name of fun though, RIGHT? Obviously I too get much enjoyment out of it.

p.s I too get sooooo excited about school supplies. I always have! I can't wait to get Kamdens supply list!

Julie said...

Wow- little Aubrey is sooo cute!

My boys hate being sprayed by the hose. We do water guns instead, but Evan still is not very tolerant of being squirted. He sure loves to squirt, though! I love summertime!

Bryan and Sunny Tringali said...

Lol. How funny!!!

Kellianne said...

Your little girl is amazingly beautiful! I'm glad you're having fun with your little ones!