I love the summer.
As a kid it meant spending my days at the public pool working on turning my hair a killer shade of green.
Although I remember looking forward to going back to school.
With all those new school supplies...
Mmmm...does anyone else get a thrill out of new school supplies?
As a mother, though I think I love summer even more!
I get to have all my kids all to myself and I don't really have to go anywhere if I don't want to.
Oh, and I can have watermelon and corn on the cob several times a week.
And maybe a few Popsicles.
Oh, and I can have watermelon and corn on the cob several times a week.
And maybe a few Popsicles.
Life just how I like it.
Here's a little taste of our summer so far.
Catching toads
The kids LOVE to dig to find these little toads.
Our own little zoo
That face...
And take a closer look at Bradley's feet in the background.
Yay for little boys who know how to turn on the hose...
Here's a shot of the face that goes with those dirty little feet.
Precious.
What kind of childhood summer would it be without mud?
Fixing the sprinklers...again.
Welcomed a new family member!
Who has perfect hearing.
Oh these two...
and that hose...
We've managed a couple of trips to the pool now that the weather has finally warmed up...ha ha ha...ok, it's actually gone from warm to HOT.
Summer has officially arrived!
Can anyone spot the real baby?
Maybe the hair gave it away...
(Brooklyn isn't in this picture, but that girl is never more than a few feet from Aubrey)
Ok, so maybe it would have been more accurate to say that she is rarely more than a few INCHES away from Aubrey.
At what point is it technically classified as mauling?
I don't know where Brooklyn gets it...I mean I certainly don't spend my whole day nibbling on that irresistible little face...
Between me and Brooklyn, I guess Aubrey has had enough mauling.
Here she is making a run for it!
And last, but not least...
The Gardener
In a later post I will share with all the "creative" gardening techniques of this fine man.
Who is pictured here enjoying his first harvest.
A lovely lemon cucumber.
I can't wait for another 2 months of summer fun!




1 comment:
so much fun! I am totally wishing I was there. Those boys look like trouble in a few of those pics :) Oh, and I think "mauling" involves teeth of some sort...so you're safe!
Post a Comment