Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Happy Birthday Aubrey!

As I am typing this, I can't believe it.
My sweet Aubrey Jane is 1.
I can't believe how the time has flown, but yet it seems like this little lady has always been around.
She's our perfect little blend of sweet and sassy.
We had a little celebration on Saturday to celebrate this girl -
and you better believe that she knew she was special.
She loved the presents, the cake and all the attention.
Now, I have to explain the cake.
I couldn't really decide what kind of cake to make for Aubrey. 
I wanted to make something that she would love (or at least recognize).
So far, there is only one toy that absolutely makes her leap with joy.
Her puffer-fish.
So, here's how it ended up.
Ha Ha
Frightening, right?
That little fella on the left is THE puffer fish.
And that thing on the right...
Well, I do have to say that that special creation was all me.
Because apparently no one else on the internet
makes a blow fish birthday cake for their kid.
I wonder why??

Whatever the case, she loved it.
Just look at that face!
AND she recognized it.
Mission. Accomplished.

Since she's 1 now, Aubrey has decided that she's entitled
to get into all the mischief she can find.
She's big now, after all.
I'm just grateful that she isn't walking yet.

For the record:
One year stats: 
Weight: 16lbs 12 oz  (1st percentile)
Height:  Who knows? 
That girl knew exactly what was going on
on that doctors table and she wanted NOTHING to do with it.
So they didn't exactly get a good measurement.

7 comments:

lori said...

I can't believe she's already a year old! She sure is a cutie!

Kimberly said...

Oh my gosh! That cake is cracking me up!! "A" for effort!

Valerie said...

Oh my what a cutie pa-tootie! I love your puffer fish cake, how adorable, and she totally recognized it! K, she is 16 lbs huh...Addy is 23! 23! Addy must be way chunky compared to Aubs ha ha ha

Janet said...

Wow! That cake is AWESOME! I wish I was in the kitchen with you while it was being created :) I can't believe she's one either. She looks so big with all the hair!

TimothyandJessica said...

That last picture of Aubrey is so cute! Wish we could meet Aubrey and Bradley!

Mary and Dean said...

16 lbs Holy Cow I thought my kids were the only ones that little. I do have to add that my new boy is probably going to surpass her in a few weeks. He's just hit 2 months old and is already over 12 lbs. I am not sure where he came from but apparently it's the 'big" side of Heaven. Congrats on the one year old. Have fun as you know the cazy parts are coming.

Kristy Skoy said...

So FUN!! She is such a cutie! I cant wait to see your family! Your cake is HILARIOUS!! Good Job!