Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter

Easter.  What a great holiday.
A day to celebrate the more important things in life.
And...attempt to take a picture of our little ones in their classy Easter outfits.
Here's how it went down at our house this year.
The girls (at first) happily obliged.
I told Brooklyn to kneel next to Aubrey,
which made Aubrey kneel. 
So Brooklyn stood up,
and then Aubrey stood up.
So...they both sat down.
The boys on the other hand were a bit more "challenging."
Bradley, who always marches to the beat of his own drum, was following his own agenda
and couldn't wait a moment longer to get out of those restricting clothes.
(And parade through the front yard in his underwear)
His only problem was that darn top button.
Jack was being...
well, Jack.
He decided that if I was going to make him take an Easter picture
that he would sit on my plant and make a big pouty face.
I'm sure his grandchildren will enjoy this one someday.
While I was trying to convince Jack to cheer up (and get off of my plant)
Dave was chasing down the runaways.
Seriously?  Why does every picture moment have to turn into a 3-ring circus?
I was just about to give up and go inside
when the Heaven's opened and they all sat down together.
[Insert Hallelujah chorus]

Sure, Bradley has no tie or pants and Jack looks like he's in pain,
but hey, they are all in the picture, all looking at the camera, and all basically smiling.
I'd say that for this family, it's kind of an Easter miracle.

6 comments:

Leanne said...

I miss you guys! 3 ring circus and all.

Jenny said...

Oh, Kira! This is so funny, and cute, too! If I were your neighbor, I would sit at my window all day for just a chance to see you all chasing your kids. Hee Hee!

Sarah said...

I am laughing so hard. Sounds like our morning. Except Lilly drug grant across the street trying to save him and gave him a big goose egg. Which is why he was sleeping in my arms when we got to church. I think he was actually knocked out by his sister. You got to love our bunches.

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary and Dean said...

I feel your pain. Ours was about as wonderful except with 1 pm church I didn't even try to get a photo of Trevor, it was straight to bed for the cranky baby after church.

Mary and Dean said...

Hey this is Dean, I was reading this post and just about fell out of my office chair by the end!!