You know, I have never had to have stitches due to an accident.
And I'm turning 30.
My boys however have already managed to acquire a few battle scars.
Are boys just genetically wired to injure themselves?
Yes, I think they must be.
Here's our latest wound story.
The kids were in the backyard playing while I was on the phone and
Dave was planning Family Home Evening.
My conversation was interrupted when Dave asked if I'd like to have Bradley stitched up.
Wait, what?!
I came downstairs to find Bradley crying and bleeding.
Definitely not a good combination.
I checked out the cut and decided that since it was on his face and laying wide open that we better take him in to have it checked.
[Insert groan]
As it turns out Bradley basically hit the jackpot.
He got to stay up late, eat popsicles and play Angry Birds.
Oh and get his forehead smeared with glue.
He had the nurses ooing and ahhing and nearly got his parents reported to CPS.
Apparently when Bradley says, "Jack hit me" it sounds a lot like "Dad hit me."
Dave stepped in and cleared that one up.
Yeesh.
Dave says that amongst "the special people" also at the ER last night that Bradley was kind of like a little breath of fresh air so the nurses kept watching him and laughing about his funny little personality.
Bradley sat in his assigned chair in the waiting room with his shifty little eyes looking around wondering what exactly was going on.
One of the nurses came up and asked Dave if Bradley was always this good at home.
Before Dave could say anything Bradley replied with his simple, "Yes."
Riiight.
He ALWAYS sits so perfectly still, doing exactly what he should.

The story I am putting together is that Jack was making it rain by filling up a glass cereal bowl with water and then throwing the water into the air.
Apparently the bowl slipped out of Jack's hand, flew through the air and broke on Bradley's head.
Seriously?
Brooklyn (the Rockstar) said she pulled a chunk of bowl out of Bradley's forehead.
Have I ever mentioned what a wonderful Mother she will make one day?
So instead of having a lovely lesson on Baptism for Family Home Evening,
we talked about how we don't throw bowls at people's heads
and made get well soon cards for the victim.
Which lovingly included a drawing of a frightening looking ET character.
Complete with a brain.
(Jack claims that it was a sitting red chameleon...random)
In the end, we are very grateful that it was nothing worse.
A $300 glob of glue is about all we can take.

1 comment:
Oh................those were the days. The kids waited til we were gone somewhere and then tore loose!!! I can't even count the stitches. My rough quess is 10,413.
Post a Comment