I have pretty good kids.
They are cute and charming and the apple of my eye.
But I should mention that they can sometimes be positively naughty.
Like last Friday for example.
Now, I make an honest effort to get in the shower everyday.
And for you young mothers out there, you know that sometimes that feels like a small miracle.
Well, that day, I should have skipped mine.
I enjoyed that shower,
but I sure didn't enjoy cleaning fingernail polish out of the carpet when I got out.
Although, let's go ahead and give credit where credit is due.
Bradley (who is 4) painted his and Aubrey's toes and fingernails with surprising precision.
I must admit that I was mildly impressed...
right after I nearly laid an egg right there in the family room.
Curse you blue finger nail polish!
Well, after feverishly working to remove the stain in the carpet
(and trying to think happy thoughts!)
I went upstairs to look for those two little devils darlings.
I heard giggling coming from Bradley's closet.
I slowly opened the door to see Aubrey throw her hands out and yell
"TA! DA!"
And then Bradley slap his hands over his eyes.
Which is a sure sign that:
A) He was being naughty
B) He KNEW he was being naughty
C) He thinks I'll never know...because obviously I can't see him there.
Sheesh.
Can't we spread out the naughtiness a little?
Two biggies in one day is definitely over quota.



2 comments:
I can certainly sympathize with you! I think Molly had a suggestion to get nail polish out of carpet, didn't she? I hope it all came out! They may be naughty, but they sure are cute!!!
Proof that it did happen in the same day at fairly close intervals- Aubrey and Bradley are wearing the same clothes in both incidents. :)
We get days like that at our house, before you finish putting out one "fire" they've started another and no mother could ever keep up when they get like that!-- oh the JOYS!
Post a Comment