Check this guy out.
Does he look official, or what?
I'm not going to lie.
Every time I look at this picture, I can't help but imagine it on a missionary plaque.
(Well you know, after you add bigger teeth and a 5 o'clock shadow)
Makes me swell with joy, I tell you.
I had planned on getting Jack a suit when he turned eight.
But he convinced me otherwise.
One Sunday morning he came into my room a little concerned.
He told me that he wanted to be the prophet someday and that he needed to dress like him.
Sometimes this boy can catch me off guard like that.
So I said something super intelligent like, "Uhhhh...ok."
Apparently his usual white shirt and tie isn't cutting it anymore.
He wanted the suit, the shiny shoes and most definitely a comb in his pocket.
How can a mother resist?
She can't.
It took me a couple of weeks to find a suit for a price that suited me, ha!
but when that puppy came,
we had one very happy boy.
His Dad taught him how to shine his shoes.
Which he took very seriously, and then proceeded to shine everyone elses' shoes.
Then we got him all dressed up, combed his hair
(and of course, put the comb in his pocket...you know, just in case)
and stood back to admire our sharply dressed young man.
And do you know what he said?
"Mom, I think I might be the handsomest man in this family."
Nice Jack.
Next week's Family Home Evening: Why we shouldn't have a puffy head.
You know, on a very consistent basis lately, this boy has amazed me with his foresight and logic.
A friend of mine said he sounded like he was 26, not 6.
Which does seem true sometimes.
He always wants to know the BIG picture of why he is or isn't doing something.
(Coming soon: A series of stories of a mother trying to out-logic her 6 year old.)
Check out those shiny shoes!
He sure is handsome (just don't tell him that!)
and despite his ultra difficult toddler/preschool years
he is turning out to be quite a gem.



2 comments:
Jack can come shine all the shoes at our house too:) Very handsome, but don't worry I won't tell him!
Seeing him gives me hope that my little man will be just such a gem as he gets older (he's getting much better! Sometimes...)- I'll be sure to keep this picture away from Chloe or she may not ever be satisfied with another 6 year old boy for the rest of her life... :-)
Post a Comment