Do you want to know what Father's Day pictures are supposed to look like?
But do you think I have more than one picture like this?
Of course not.
Obviously I wouldn't even be writing this post if I just had a bunch of mushy
Father bonding pictures.
Let's talk about how Father's Day really went down.
We walked around the corner to this little field because it was one of those Sunday's.
You know the ones.
What??!! It's only 3:28?
It feels like 11pm.
I said something like that at least 4 times.
I thought I would take some fun pictures of the kids playing with their Dad.
Well...I got one.
But I also got
Aubrey re-enacting a Baywatch scene.
Why is she in a swimming suit you ask?
I'm not really sure, but she prefers to go commando
so we thought this was an improvement.
Even if the swimming suit is a size 6-9 months.
Bradley trying to remove the dog poop that had just squished between his toes.
Jack snarling at Brooklyn because he never gets to hold the cat.
I can't imagine why since he had just chased the cat into the bushes...
about 18 times.
Brooklyn finally recovering from crying for 30 minutes
because Jack kept chasing her cat into the bushes.
And yes, that is a real cat.
Seriously the nicest, most docile cat I've ever met.
Good thing too.
Or she probably wouldn't have lasted around here.
Something about being mothered to death.
And here's our best attempt at a little group picture.
Plenty of personality.
I'm pretty sure Jack has his eye on the cat again.
Look at that devilish grin...
And then I snatched one of Aubrey
right after Mona had slobbered all over her face.
She definitely reacts much differently than I would if I had just had that giant tongue all over my face.
I mean look at that thing!
Mona can practically lick her own eyeball!
Bleck!
We enjoyed getting out and getting some fresh air.
And I enjoyed having my little helpers
helping me prepare dinner and dessert for Dave.
(Even though they are a little scary with the beaters...)
I am sure grateful for Dave.
Thanks to our children we share a very lively and wonderful life.
I picked a good one, folks!







No comments:
Post a Comment