Potty Training.
Something I find to be about as much fun as a poke in the eye.
Actually I'd way rather have a poke in the eye.
Like 50 of them.
I'm just no good at it.
I only have the stamina of about 30 minutes.
I basically just want to show them how to do it and then have them independently take care of it after that.
That's not too much to ask, is it?
Well I've been in the trenches with the littlest one.
And it definitely hasn't been a 30 minute visit.
She was doing great (easiest one yet!)
but it seems that we are moving backwards lately.
It's been going something like this...
[Aubrey waddling in]
"Mama, I pooped!" (with genuine enthusiasm)
"Where did you poop, Aubrey?"
(pointing to her adorable little buns)
"Ummmmm...in mine underwear."
Sigh.
"Aubrey........Where does poop go?"
"Ummmmm...in mine underwear?!"
Toilet, Aubrey. Toilet.
T.O.I.L.E.T.
My stamina has certainly waned, but seriously,
I absolutely refuse to follow the child around all day waiting for the face.
Why must this be part of the parenting deal?
I'm sure there is some lesson in perseverance or patience that I am supposed to be learning here,
but all I am finding is that I stare longingly at the diapers when I pass them in Target.
Anyone else out there thinking that it was a whole lot easier to change a few diapers everyday??

3 comments:
I absolutely hate potty training. Josh has hinted at the idea of getting Kaylee to that point, and I keep telling him she's not ready. It's mostly true, but I admit I completely dread it. So, no, you are not alone. :)
Home Girl! You know we are in the same boat! I think I am going for the giving up method holding fast to the idea that no one in college poops in their pants. And if he makes it that far, well then it is going to be his roommates problem.
I would much rather change diapers for longer than deal with all the icky messes. You poor person.
I will say that when my oldest started have accidents I offered to put him in the baby's diapers which were a size too small...and she was the baby and a girl. It helped. Maybe you could go to a friends house with a baby and borrow from the baby in front of Aubrey.
Not sure what that would do to her psyche or whatever it is called...beats cleaning poop though. (I will also admit that if they pooped in their undies I usually threw them away...there are somethings that are NOT in my job description.)
Post a Comment