There are a lot of reasons why I think that Brooklyn
will make a really fantastic mother someday.
She's just naturally wired in a very maternal way.
But today,
she put the cherry on top.
She said something that made me realize
that she sees the true rewards of being a Mother.
We were delivering some cookies to a friend of ours.
Brooklyn says, "Mom, they only have 3 kids in their family.
Why did you put 7 cookies on the plate?"
I told her that each of the kids would be able to have 1 cookie
and then maybe the parents can each have an extra one.
She quickly replied,
"Or probably the Mom will eat the extra ones tomorrow
while the Dad is at work."
YES!
Nailed it.
If I haven't taught her anything else,
at least she fully understands the family pecking order
when it comes to plates of treats.
What else is there?

No comments:
Post a Comment