Saturday, October 18, 2014

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow

 Dude.
You know how kids sometimes give themselves a little trim?
Yeah...I know about that.
We were on our way to church and Brooklyn says from the back seat,
"Um, Mom, I think Aubrey cut her hair."
Wha???
You think?
Nothing like chopping off your ponytail to form what looks like a wee little broomstick.
Not such a good look.
 I found that neat little pile of hair and those dang scissors right in the middle of her bedroom floor.
When I asked her why she decided to do this 
she looked at me with this super excited look on her face,
grabbed my face and said, 
"Mommy, I learned how to cut my hair!"
Can we get an applause?!
Um. No.
In other news, 
as if the new do wasn't exhilarating enough, 
my very special girls decided to see what would happen if you put a comb in your hair and twisted it up like spaghetti on a fork.
Again, not such a good idea.
Everything about this picture makes me shudder.
 It kinda looks like we dragged her out of some back woods trailer park.
I'm sure there's some sort of redneck joke that would be appropriate here.
But alas, it will suffice to say that I will never get that hour of my life back.
It was considerably more difficult than one might think.
At one point I considered cutting the comb out.
There was some serious weaving going on there.
She probably walked away with a couple of bald spots.

Speaking of bald spots... 
No joke that within 2 weeks of Aubrey demonstrating her hair cutting skills that Bradley decides to one-up her and go straight for the Bic.
That is one very lucky little hombre.
That big bald spot was smooth as butta.
Can anyone else believe that he didn't cut himself?
Seriously.
That.could.have.been.bad.

The good news:  
my head was not involved in any of these life lessons.

No comments: