Friday, October 24, 2008
Motherhood
Do you ever have one of those days where you read something that makes you feel so empowered that you think you could just run off and change the world? Well, today I finally read the blog that everyone's been talking about (thanks Erynn) and it did just that. If you don't know what I am talking about then check it out. http://www.nieniedialogues.blogspot.com and http://blog.cjanerun.com/ I can't explain exactly why it made me feel the way it did - but it had me laughing, crying, and everything in between. The blogger loves to write about motherhood and the simple things in life. It made me feel like motherhood truly is the best job in the world. I already knew that of course, but I always love a reminder and a little push to do better. Motherhood is rarely a glamorous job, but, with the right perspective it can be very magical and of course, the most important and worthwhile job there is. I know all you mothers out there know what I mean - but I also know that you also have those times where you wonder..."Is this really what I always wanted to do??" "Did I really choose to be puked, pooped, and slobbered on?" "To rarely sleep, hardly ever get to eat a hot meal, change 15 diapers a day, clean up the same room over and over again only to find it a mess again, and find it quite an accomplishment to actually get to use the bathroom alone?" Well you know what - that is the reality - that all happens - and happens often. But, on the flipside, you get the privledge of giving life to someone who is absolutely perfect and who loves you despite your faults. You constantly get paid in hugs, kisses, laughter, smiles and much more. I can honestly say that there really is absolutely nothing better I could be doing. So today, I renewed my commitment (again) to slow down just a little bit, let a few things go, and just enjoy the chance to relive childhood through the eyes of my kids.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yeah, I was mentioned in a blog! Thanks! I'm glad you checked it out. It has really helped to motivate me too. We need to support each other by occasional reminders that it really is the best (and hardest) job on earth.
You are inspiring!
There's a new story about it in a newspaper in Arizona today. Read it, it's really good, but a tear jerker.
http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2008/10/26/20081026sisters1026a1.html
Post a Comment