Sunday, June 7, 2009

More birthday

Grandma came to town so we decided to really celebrate Jack's birthday. The measly little cupcake on his actual birthday wasn't quite celebration enough. So, as per Jack's request, we made a train cake. I debated for a long time on how I wanted to do it but finally decided to let the kids be involved and we would do a train cake gingerbread house style.

Hard at work. Each of us had our own train car to decorate...although I think more of the candy went into our bellies rather than on the cake.
Here's the birthday boy with the finished product.
Sorry, I'm too lazy to turn this picture. Just tilt your head to the right for a top view of the Birthday Express.

5 comments:

lori said...

That looks like gooey, chocolatey fun!

Tringali Family said...

Mia said...."that looks cool." So you got her stamp of approval. Way cute cake.

Kristy Skoy said...

Your a great mother to let your kids do that! I am too OCD about having everything perfect.

Andrea said...

Love it! You're amazing to let you kids help! Happy Birthday Jack!

Sapp Family said...

That cake looks awesome and delicious!!