Wednesday, March 17, 2010

St. Patrick's Day

Holidays with kids are so great.  This morning a little Leprechan came and dyed our milk green and left little bags of green goodness for the kids. 

I'll have to take care of the leftovers.  I wouldn't want to dash her believe in leprechans.

I had such high hopes of the fun things I could do today, but frankly, the leprechan is tired.  
I am growing another human afterall. 

But even with my mild effort, Brooklyn was LOVING every minute of it.  I think she looked at the green milk in the fridge at least 8 times before she left for school. 
I must mention that none of the rest of us drank any of it.  What is it with strange psychological blocks?  It's probably some built in safety mechanism.  If something doesn't look like it should, you really shouldn't consume it.  Makes sense. 
I would open up the fridge for a tall glass of milk and just couldn't stomach the idea of drinking it green. 
And Jack just about flipped his lid when I offered him some at lunch.  I'm pretty sure Brooklyn will have to drink it all.


She spent the rest of the day skipping around kind of like this little leprechan.  I wish I could move like that.  I need a picture of a leprechan with a big ol' pot belly.  Ya, that would be more like it.  Maybe if I spent more time running around and less time raiding her backpack for St. Patty's Day party treats...

At the end of the day - what was going through my sweet Brooklyn's mind?

A Thank You note of course. 
I am sure that if she knew where to find the leprechan, she would have left all kinds of notes and treats on his pillow.
Instead, she left this note by the front door-
A lovely picture of herself and the little friend that brought her lots of joy today.
Why can't life be that simple and magical forever?

3 comments:

Chelsea Ellingson said...

Hey, pot belly? I didn't know you were expecting again! Congratulations! When are you due?

April said...

That is so sweet! I am sure you don't have a pot belly! I bet you look great!

Audrey said...

Very sweet! I adore little kid notes; what a treasure!