Friday, March 26, 2010

Terrible Two's: Take 3

Warning to all grocery shopping mothers:

Apparently Winco, (my personal choice of grocery chains) is selling a naughty batch of bananas.  I gave one to my dear 20 month old son yesterday and that conniving banana had the nerve to break in half without my son's permission.  And we all know that once a banana has been severed, it is no longer acceptable, much less edible.  At that point, one's only option is to throw the banana remains across the room and proceed to
unleash the beastly-ness that only a 2 year old (or almost 2 year old in this case) can produce.
Good grief child - must we start this already?

5 comments:

Chelsea Ellingson said...

I giggled outloud when I read this, then tried to share it with Craig, but he's putting a new faucet in the sink and was occupied enough that he didn't find it as amusing as I did. That horrible banana, can you believe the nerve of some of the fruit out there these days?! Really!

Lori said...

We have bananas like that around here, too! Eric has issues with them also.

Janet said...

I'm so relieved that my kids aren't the only ones that tend toward the dramatic and over-react over...well...nothing! I was starting to think there was something wrong with my parenting :) Thank you for easing my guilt.

Angela said...

man, when he cries his forehead boo-boo really sticks out.

bananas with bruises are the end of the world for us here. and Jared is 3 1/2

Mary and Dean said...

I am there with you girl. We have issues with all food that isn't fed to Kenzie by herself. No help accepted. Grr. I hate the terrible 2's.