Well, the other day I posted about really needing a jacuzzi tub. Well, after a recent experience, I have realized that I really should have wished for the brain that the scarecrow wanted. It seems that I would have more use for that.
You see, last week I took the kids to go see their grandparents. For the sake of entertainment and saving me hours of driving by myself we decided that it would be fun for me to take the train to Bakersfield and then my father in law would pick me up there and take me the rest of the way.
Sounds like fun, right?
Well, it would have been.
If I hadn't seen this...
Well, just pretend that this is my train pulling away without me.
Even though I was at the station plenty early.
Duh Kira, Duh.
A train, (my train) pulled up a little early, and an announcement was never made.
The train had the word Sacramento scrolling across a little screen on the side of the train.
And you can't really tell which way the train will be going since it has an engine at both ends.
But still...
I sat there, (with all 3 kids) and watched everyone load the train (my train) while the kids laughed at the sound the train makes when it releases steam.
What is it that is so funny about things (or people) releasing "steam?"
Anyway, who does that?
I kept thinking, "Is this my train?"
"No," I tell myself - Sacramento is north and I am heading south.
I didn't see a worker, and I am not trucking all these small people around the station looking for one.
If the train has Sacramento on it, then it is surely going there.
Or not.
Apparently, rather than waddling my pregnant self and 3 small kids around the train station to ask for help, I thought it would be more fun to miss my train, wait another hour and a half for the next train, pay an extra $10 and suffer through hours of
"Mom, why did we miss our train?"
Must we talk about it?
Brooklyn said it right when she was talking with her grandparents after we finally arrived in Newbury Park.
"What was my mom thinking?"
I'm wondering that same thing Brooklyn.
Honestly...


1 comment:
Oh man! I was feeling your pain while I read this. I'm so sorry!
Post a Comment