Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Happy Birthday Brooklyn!

Whew - we have had quite the birthday bonanza at this house, but we've had lots of fun celebrating some of my favorite people!
Today though, I celebrate because I have been a mother for 6 years. 
Unbelievable.
I'm pretty sure that was the day my life truly became complete.
I finally had everything I had always wanted.
There it is.  The complete package.
(Isn't he handsome?!)
Of course, everything has only gotten better since I've just gotten more of what I always wanted...I REALLY love babies.  :)
Anyway, Happy 6th Birthday to my BIG girl Brooklyn.

She was lucky enough to have her grandma and grandpa Bowen and my friend Lindsey here to celebrate her big day.

Special Request Breakfast
She wanted "A Very Hungry Caterpillar" Cake

There is one thing she REALLY wants for her birthday.

This is Gramps tying a string around that loose tooth.
~shudder~
They had the string tied to the doorknob when Brooklyn finally decided that she didn't want to do it after all.
Props to Gramps being willing to pull it out for her.
She's been asking me for awhile now
But I just can't do it.
I would always let mine hang there until it eventually just fell out on it's own or I swallowed it.
So she's got a few more hours to work on it if she wants the tooth fairy to come tonight.

We sure love this girl and often comment how grateful we are that she came first.
She's such a good girl and works hard to please everyone and make sure that everyone is happy.
Now if only I didn't have to send her to school ALL DAY in a couple of weeks.
I'm going to miss her.
For the record:
Height: 44 inches
Weight: 43 lbs

No comments: