Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Program

Today was our Primary Program.  The day when, as a parent, you enjoy both the Spirit and the humor of the kids.  You never know what you'll get - or if it will be your kid being all crazy.
I was asked to substitute in Brooklyn's class so I got first hand experience in watching her stand up and sit down on cue, stare at the other kids while she's supposed to be singing, sit with her legs open (Hello, modesty...), sit back down very  loudly, and stroke my arm out of sheer excitement.
It was lovely.
And entertaining.
Probably the best part of the experience though was being seated behind the Sunbeams.
One of which belongs to me.
He did pretty good, I must admit.
He raised the roof when they sang "Follow the Prophet."
I'm pretty sure they heard him down the street.
Dave said he could pick out Jack's voice during all the songs he knew. 
From the back of the room.
Sweet.
(The kids - Oct. 2010 - 3 out of 4 looking at the camera = Success!)
Do you know what else was sweet?
It's sweet that we could "adopt a grandparent" to take care of Aubrey while I was on the stand.  And then she ended up keeping her while I taught the Primary class.
It was fun for her, and super helpful for me!
Teaching 6 year old's is a lot easier without a smallish baby on your lap.
Thank you Sister Shepard!

Note to self:  Be an adopted grandparent when you grow up!

2 comments:

Tringali Family said...

We kept reminding the girls all morning the 2 most important things while being up on the stand...be reverent and be modest!

Julie said...

I love the primary program! Derek had to give a 3 minute talk in his a couple of weeks ago, so he was sitting on the front row next to another little boy, and the two of them made faces and talked through the whole opening and the sacrament. Derek also picked his nose. His talk was great, but I completely forgot to discuss behavior on the stand.

He was very entertaining, but a bit embarrassing for a mom! Another fun primary program memory!