Sunday, November 14, 2010

My day of "rest"

Today was Stake Conference. 
And unfortunately Stake Conference usually = exhaustion.
Trying to keep 4 small beaners quiet for 2 straight hours can be a little rough.
But, 3 bags of Fruit Loops later, we made it.
Bradley only fell on his head once, Brooklyn only flashed her too small tights once, and Jack only had to sit in "The Bush" once. 
("The Bush" is timeout at church.  ha ha  I wonder what others think when they hear us say,
"Jack - do you need to go sit in the bush?) 
Really though, it works.  I love the bush.
Anyway, when we got home from SC I decided that I needed a little recharge.
So by George, I took it.
And it was lovely.
Aubrey was sleeping.  Jack and Bradley were quiet in their room and Dave was coloring princess pictures with Brooklyn.
Peace. And. Quiet.
I awoke about 1.5 hours (1.5 hours!!) later and walked down the hall with a new spring in my step.
That is until I passed the boys room.
Oh yes.  That would be the contents of the forbidden art box - mysteriously lowered from it's very high shelf.
But that weee little mess wasn't really the problem.
I was a bit more concerned about
the fairly large amount of acrylic paint all over the carpet.
Oh, and this
love permanent markers, don't you?
They are so useful for defacing your mother's property.
I thought it was a nice touch for Jack to draw a self portrait complete with an autograph.
This dresser could be worth millions someday.
But until then, it will only be a reminder of why we shouldn't purchase anything of real value until our youngest child is 18.  (My mother gave me that advice.  Such a wise woman she is.)
My first thought was that Jack had carried out this mischief alone because I saw Bradley peacefully sleeping on the couch.
But upon removal of his beloved blanket - the truth was made known unto me.

Uh huh.  Nice try pal.  I'm not that clueless.
I am still not sure how they got that box down.  And I'm afraid that I don't really want to know. 
But the box has now been moved to a new remote location.
The good bad news is that acrylic paint comes off skin a lot easier than it comes out of carpet.
You know what though,
I think the nap was worth it.

Does anyone want a sneak peek at our family pictures?
Go here

7 comments:

Kristy Skoy said...

Ihave some stuf that is supose to take all tha stuff out/off. I will try and sed you some. Poor house! I am glad you got a nap! I wonder how much trouble daddy is in!

Kristy Skoy said...

Sorry my typing is horrible on my iPod.

Lori said...

Oh, wow! That is why I do not often get one of those much needed naps!

Jenny said...

I'm sorry about your mess!

But the good news is that your pictures are absolutely priceless! They all look so innocent...

lori said...

All I can think is that you kids are such little angels everywhere else, that they just need to let off some steam when they are at home.

Kerri said...

Yep!! Been there done that. Hmmm pay backs!!!I had a few things in my house that had autographs on them including a car. Sorry Kira it seems all moms go through this at one point or another.

Julie said...

Kira, I know I'm way behind on this, but this really made me laugh. It just reminds me so much of my own life. Check out this link from a blog post I wrote a couple of years ago...I think Jack and Derek must be kindred spirits!

http://ropers.wordpress.com/2008/07/03/our-little-picasso/

Hopefully we'll get to see those cute kiddos of yours one of these days!