Check out this family.
The family that has lived at the base of the Sequoia Mountains for 5 years,
but has never actually visited those mountains.
Pathetic.
But, we have officially made up for our delinquency by going 3 times in about 10 days.
(Without anyone throwing up!)
Whew!
I'm feeling bad that we haven't spent more time up there -
what a beautiful place!
The humongous redwood trees are pretty darn amazing.
Most of our time up there has been spent at Hume Lake.
Here's Brooklyn walking on water.
A Jumping Jack.
(HA!)
Bradley showin' some skin.
Aubrey showing her extreme double coverage water safety.
Dave the cold water wimp trying to figure out how to keep as much of his body out of the water as possible.
Our most recent trip up there included a camping trip with some of our great friends.
Our kids are all about the same age so we are quite a crew.
We took our fishing gear and attempted to catch a few fish....
with 8 kids under 9 years old...
Riiiight.
I'm pretty sure every fish in that lake was hugging the shore line on the opposite side of the lake.
And would you blame them?
Although there are a few kids in that picture that wouldn't have surprised me if they caught a fish with their bare hands.
Fishing poles are for amateurs.
The most important detail of our camping trip is that we all stayed nice and clean.
Yeesh.
It looks like Bradley was punched in the eye,
Aubrey is missing a shoe,
they are both missing more than half of their clothes,
and from behind, it looked like a porcupine had attacked Aubrey's diaper.
We're hardcore like that.










5 comments:
Love this! We had so much fun with you guys. The porcupine diaper was quite the look. I think we can expect to see it on New York runways next spring.
What an awesome family.Dave and Kira. I'm having a homesick moment as I realize you are where we were such a short time ago. Now in our 70's we realize the blessings promised in the temple have come about. All except enduring to the end. We are doing that each day as we serve in the mission office. What a blessing to us and hopefully to you and the rest of the family. We are so proud of your example to those who follow. We love you so............
Keeyour26What an awesome family.Dave and Kira. I'm having a homesick moment as I realize you are where we were such a short time ago. Now in our 70's we realize the blessings promised in the temple have come about. All except enduring to the end. We are doing that each day as we serve in the mission office. What a blessing to us and hopefully to you and the rest of the family. We are so proud of your example to those who follow. We love you so............
This looks like so much fun! Maybe we need to come and visit you!
Aubrey's diaper in the that last picture is...awesome!!!
Kira I just love your posts. Your kids are going to love reading these when they get older and so appreciate these stories. You guys are so cute and such a fun family, I love that I get to keep up with everyone though blogs :)
Post a Comment