THIS
Please notice the pink and black spots in Jack's hair. I didn't get any pictures of Brooklyn - or the front of Jack, (his bellybutton was nicely done) but I am sure you have no trouble picturing it. Lucky for me there were no permanent writing utensils used, but still...no good.
So - we tried this:
Problem?
They think it's fun.
So now that you have given an empathetic gasp of horror or are laughing you head off...please help me. This started about 3 days ago and they have done it every day since - I keep finding new "masterpieces" all over the house and their bodies. I know Brooklyn is the one instigating it all and Jack is just following suit. They have always been good about entertaining themselves which has been great - but now that I am preoccupied nursing a baby and as in the earlier story, sleeping - they have gone wild. Most of it is no big deal - I can handle dumping out the toy box or jumping on the bed - but this drawing on the walls has got to stop. So does anyone have any brilliant ideas for me besides tying them to chairs, blowing up all their art supplies, or covering the walls in art paper?
Oh - by the way - the art supplies are on a high shelf but I think they are stashing markers and crayons somewhere waiting for the perfect opportunity. There is so much marker ink on their skin I don't think it will ever come off. washable?..... more like slowly fadeable.
Has anyone else's child ever had a chronic problem with coloring on themselves and the walls? Someone please help me before I have to re-paint the whole house and my children turn completely blue.
6 comments:
i can totally relate to this! kaitlyn does this all the time! She still has a blue spot on her scalp that won't wash out. She would do it at night, after everyone was in bed, and we would wake up to find her covered head to toe in marker-and her walls too! And i understand the "fadable" situation. when i take her out people think i never bathe her! she stashed them too. all i can tell you is what i did. slowly but surely i located her stash, and she has been "grounded" from markers since.
The pumpkin patch looks like so much fun! Sorry to see that your children are turning into wild animals. ha ha I have no advice at all.
Sorry to tell you this, I think it's kinda funny. Good thing you've blogged about it so in a few years you can look back and laugh at it too.
good luck. When in an apartment David drew Sponge Bobs world on the celing! He was so happy with his drawing. Kailyn writes her name on everthing and everywhere. She is 6! I take away markers and crayons and they find one of my pens and it just doesnt stop. Good Luck.
This post is filling me in on what Brooklyn was too shy to tell me about on Thursday when I dropped her and Logan off at preschool. Her hands and face had a healthy coat of marker and when questioned about it she did her trademark toe-inspection. Thanks for the intel;funny stuff!!!
That is exactly why markers are banned at my house and Ethan know he can only play with crayons at the table. He did go through a picaso phase and the underside of my table is true art work. I am sorry for your drama, but just remember not to be too harsh. One time Grandma Bowen found Uncle Gary writing on the hall closet wall and she quickly spanked him. When she went to clean up his mess she found "I love you mom" written on the wall. To this day those words are still on the closet wall even though the wall paper has been changed. Grandma never cleaned it and would't let grandpa wallpaper over it. Depsite all, we love them. Keep the faith and remember it could be worse, if I let Ethan entertain himself, my house get's broken.
Post a Comment