So, I decided to be brave and go to the grocery store with the boys. Normally, I don't like doing this because it's just plain awful. You wouldn't believe the number of "that poor woman" looks I get from other shoppers. Here's a brief description of what I look like. First, Bradley is just starting to sit up, so to save space I have been putting him in the child seat. Interesting experience - trying to keep him from tipping over or gnawing on the handle (GROSS!) But, overall he's pretty good. Then we have Jack. For whatever reason, he doesn't like going much of anywhere. He would prefer to just stay home and play trains. So, just to make sure that I understand his distaste for my rendezvous, he proceeds to throw a fit in the store. It starts by him trying to get me to pick him up. But, since he's heavy, I don't want to. So, he throws himself in front of me trying to stop me. Usually by this point I am starting to get
embarrassed. Depending on the day, and his volume level, I sometimes will actually let him ride on my arm/grocery cart handle so I can actually start shopping. So, I am carrying a toddler, and pushing the cart trying to keep the baby from falling over. Nice. It's no wonder people give me odd looks as I walk by.
Anyway...I have no idea why I just shared that whole story. On to my real post. Oh yes, I was at the grocery store with the boys...I was at
WinCo. (I LOVE that store!) For any who don't know, it's a big store with cheap prices and a big bulk section in the back. Nice. So, I was back in the bulk section doing my responsible shopping comparing prices and checking everything out. Well, to my shock, Jack was actually letting me do this without him throwing a fit. Sweet! I am happily scooping up a large bag of quick oats when I look over to see Jack on his belly on the floor shoving his face full of chocolate chips that had spilt back behind the bins. "Jack, don't eat those - you'll get sick, those are gross, No, stop...blah blah blah...I can't move because my quick oats will spill all over. I swear that in the time it took me to tie up that bag of oats he had polished off a healthy handful of greasy, grimy morsels.
The question is, "Was it worth it to have Jack eat
decroded choco chips off the floor for 2 minutes of peaceful shopping?
Hmmm...maybe.
As of today, I haven't noticed any unusual spots or signs of infectious disease...
14 comments:
I LOOOOOOVE WinCo! That's where we shopped when we lived in Oregon and I've missed in ever since. I'm jealous!
That's too funny. But it's usually only funny when it happens to someone else. It's never funny when I'm the one pushing a giant cart full of groceries through WinCo with a screaming 3 year old that doesn't want to sit in the seat anymore, and a 5 year old who thinks she can go and talk to anyone she would like. I hear ya sister, LOUD and CLEAR!!!!!
I just about spit my Cafe Rio salad all over the kitchen because I was laughing so hard! My favorite part of this whole post is that you used a Napoleon word..."decroded"! I miss you so bad!!!!!
That is TOO funny! So I found your blog through...someone, I can't remember- there was a day a while ago where I searched through everyone's blog lists and was like "Oh my gosh, I haven't talked to them in ages!" and now I'm stalking about 15 more people than I was before. :-) It's good to see that I'm not the only mom who struggles in a grocery store. When Linus was still in the car seat, I used to have to push two carts by myself, one for the kids, one for the food (Chloe wasn't quite old enough to walk by herself without running off at full speed for kicks)- people do get out of your way pretty quick, though. :-)
Definitely worth it!!!
of course it was worth it. if it were rat poison or some sort of "moldy poo", then i'd think twice, but chocolate stay good forever.
Whatever it takes Kira, whatever it takes. You are a brave, brave soul.
Ha that's funny!! I'm sorry I've been a loser friend and haven't had your kids over so that you can run errands such as that one without the break downs....I promise I will do more with you guys (I think I am finally getting used to this routine now). And I totally think Jack eating somthing gross for a few moments of silence was worth it!!
Thanks for your comment. Good to hear from you.
I stopped taking more than one kid to the store a long time ago. Just wasn't worth the frustration or the money spent on useless bribes.
Todd had to take #'s 3&4 to Walmart a few weeks ago and when 4 threw a huge fit, some old lady told Todd that he needed to spank him. And I thought he hated Walmart before! I'm sure I'll never get him to go there for me again, no matter how sick I am.
I love it. Thanks Kira for your posts. You make me feel normal. Miss you guys!
Whatever doesn't kill him only makes him stronger, right? =-)
Okay, I kinda just threw up a little but at the same time, I hear what you are saying! Zachary ate an old cookie off the floor of Ryleigh's gym class a couple weeks ago. He was just way too fast for me but he was way sick this week so I keep wondering...
I've been "that poor woman" so many times too! I've gotten to where I just smile really big at people...I'm sure they really think I'm crazy then! I've also had kids eat stuff so gross I want to throw up...oh well, as long as they really don't get sick right? :) You're so great!
Okay, that sounds exactly like Brandon, eating off the floor. Gross, gross and gross!
Post a Comment