Last weekend we took a little trip to San Diego. Dave had an Audiology Convention down there, so, why not join him? It was so nice to get away - it's been a really long time.
Here are some highlights of the trip:
Lots and lots of swimming! Somehow I didn't get very many pictures taken - so you'll just have to believe me when I say the kids were in heaven.
The boys playing a little chess....???
Gramps teaching Brooklyn some pool skills.
The rec center had all kinds of things to entertain us all while Dave spent the days in classes.
Every night of the convention, the hearing aid companies throw these huge parties. Thursday night I went with Dave to one where we enjoyed lots of free food, but didn't so much enjoy the entertainment. I'm obviously getting old - the music was a little too rowdy for me.
We decided to leave after the first song.
And then we were approached by random people on the street wondering if they could have our pass to the concert.
More on this night to come.
Friday night though, was awesome. The party was located on the USS Midway.
This ship has been turned into a museum which sits in the harbor in San Diego. We got the full tour and it was so cool. It's amazing to me that a boat this size can even float.
Not to mention that my entire hometown could live on it. No seriously, it was made to house 4,500 soldiers.
And, as if that wasn't cool enough, they had a concert that even I could enjoy.
Except they sure don't look like this anymore.
They have aged...alot
Now they look a little more like this:
But, it was still fun. Nothing like watching a bunch of old guys rock out.
We were only about 10 feet from the stage but I was personally more entertained by the women in their 50's and 60's dreamily swaying to the music of their youth.
Dave finished up the vacation with a trip to the golf course with his Dad and brother.
None of which are golfers.
BUT, to our amazement, his Dad managed to pull off
a hole in one.
Not bad for a guy who hasn't been golfing in nearly a decade.
Oh, and in true form, I especially enjoyed the part where Bradley fell into the golf course pond.
There were fish and ducks in there and Bradley apparently needed a closer look.
I'm seriously just grateful that he didn't ingest some strange chemical (or at least not a fatal one) and came away with just a cut on his toe and looking like this:
Ok, that's actually considerably more freaky than he looked, but he was covered in a fair amount of slime.
And his 3rd eye is starting to fade.









2 comments:
So fun! Gotta love those professional conferences...although we are in the wrong field. We got the hotel and food etc but no concerts. Hmmm...need to have a little talk with the hubby and make sure we aren't missing out on all the fun!!
Kira, you are too funny. Yucko on the slime! Once I took a dip in Glenmere Pond- except it was intentional. Alli H. and I were young, crazy college kids wanting to put our mark on the disgusting pond- I think it probably left more of a mark on us than we did on it though. My third eye hasn't faded quite yet. :-)
Post a Comment