Well, I survived.
And it wasn't nearly as traumatic as I thought it would be.
Jack was so excited all morning.
He ate breakfast in his backpack - well, not actually in his backpack, but you know what I mean.
(Don't mind Bradley's noggin)
And once we got to school there was no hiding between my legs or any hesitancy at all for that matter.
Does this look like a face that's afraid?
Not one bit.
He was dancing around and doing some strange laugh - kind of like a chipmunk.
I think he'll be fine.
From the moment he entered the classroom, all I saw was this.
Bye to you too...
Actually, I don't mind - I was happy that he jumped in with both feet - that's a lot easier (for everyone) to deal with than the alternative.
Brooklyn also had a good first day.
Up close you can tell she's her mothers daughter. After a long summer with lots of sleeping in, she's looking a bit puffy-eyed.
Who likes her haircut?
Me, me, me!
And here's my "baby" at her desk.
She's pretty pleased with herself.
She's got a desk with her name on it - and it has a cool hole to store all her stuff.
That is big when you're 6.
After school she reported that her teacher was nice, she didn't know where the bathroom was, she couldn't open her milk at lunch, and that she got lost twice.
Lost? Twice?
Apparently she was walking around talking to Mia and didn't hear the bell...and didn't notice a million kids running in one direction all at once??
I've had them practice finding their way - but everything just looks the same.
Or Brooklyn could just have my sense of direction.
Lucky girl inherited all my best qualities.
We've now had day 2 and I'm declaring that it is going to be a good year.
I miss the kids during the day - but they are having fun, my house is staying cleaner, I'm shopping with only 2, and they come back....and immediately start clawing each others eyes out.
What? Your kids don't do that?
Well, mine do.
So there, Erynn. :-)
2 comments:
Can't stop laughing! The irony is I was going to comment on your comment, from Audrey's blog, just never got around to it. When I was reading that part I truly was thinking "Yeah, right!" then I read your comment to me. You are so funny.(I still don't believe you though.)
I totally agree about the shopping thing!
Your kids looked so excited to go to school! So opposite from my boys!
Post a Comment