Monday, April 18, 2011

Rotten Mouth

You know, I grew up spending a lot of time in the dentist chair.
Not my favorite place to be.
And the most frustrating part is that no matter how much I brushed and flossed,
I ended up back in the chair with a drill in my face.  
Well, I have now decided that there is something worse than being drilled on by a dentist:

being the one who actually has to pay for all that drilling. 
And knowing your genes are to blame.
Sure enough, those deep groove/pathetic enamel genes have been passed to the next generation.
Thereby costing me a small fortune.
And he's not even five!
I'm telling you that I have given fluoride,
brushed and flossed the teeth in that mouth like my life depended on it.
And for what?
1 (more) crown and 2 (more) cavities.
Sigh.
Dave is definitely in the wrong field.

Disclaimer:  If you are reading this and you are a dentist, or married to a dentist - I harbor no hard feelings.  :)
So let's still be friends (and relatives), OK Andrea?

5 comments:

Janet said...

It probably makes it even more painful that they're baby teeth! Oh, wait, that wasn't very compassionate was it? I meant to say: So sorry Kira!

lori said...

I've decided that there is no rhyme or reason to cavities. They just show up when you think things are going great with regards to the dental health of your children.

Leanne said...

We have bad luck over here too! My mother-in-law is a dental hygienist and says a lot of the time it is genetic and just bad luck. I blame my 5 pregnancies in 7 years on my teeth, but all I can do for my kids' teeth is to have the sealant put on them and take them to the dentist regularly...I totally feel your pain.

Andrea said...

No hard feelings! :) I had lots of cavities growing up and I think it's so unfair that Brian didn't have any. When all of your kids are grown and need their wisdom teeth out, Brian's your man. And I'll make sure he doesn't charge a cent. :)

Mary and Dean said...

Oh man that sucks!! We have so far been able to avoid the drilling and dentist chair for anything other than cleaning, but it's a matter of time I am sure. Good luck to you and Jack. I dread the day Ethan has to have work done, he freaks over a flu shot I can't imagine what dental work will be like.