Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Mother's Day Miracle

I posted this pic on FB but it certainly deserves double coverage.
I told the kids that all I wanted for Mother's Day was a picture of all of them smiling in one picture.
It took some serious work, but we got it!
And I will have to treasure it forever
because one can never tell how long it will be until I get another one.
Do you know what else I  see in this picture?
1.  Bradley.  That boy.  He was dying to change his clothes.
He had already peeled off his shoes and grabbed his new clothes
in the time it took me to grab my camera. 
 I tried to get them away from him for the picture but he wouldn't have it. 
So you take what you can get, right?
2.  Good grief - We are consistent!  It appears that we have a "girl mold" and a "boy mold."

In other Mother's Day news (I know, it's old news by now, right?) 
my minivan decided to straight up stop moving. 
Which I thought was completely out of line considering that in my book,
a sweet minivan is the true mark of motherhood.
Complete with sucker sticks stuck to the floor,
soccer balls bouncing out, smashed Goldfish crackers,
and of course 1/2 dozen kids bobbing around in there.

But, $3500 (cough, sputter) later, I'm back in the game with a brand spanking new transmission.  
Let's hear it for Minivan Mom's of America!

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Yay for the smiles and yay for a working mini van. Maybe I need my CRV to brake down so i can get a mini van too :) then I can join the club