Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Out of Reach

There are a few things that every mother needs.
Among the most important things is a very high shelf.
One that even mischievous and motivated little boys can't reach.
I've got one.
It's where I store my machetes, chocolate, repossessed toys,
and dangerous objects that happen to "wander" in 
(oh, and a fair amount of dust)
Here's a list of what's currently atop my very useful, very high shelf:
*  See those two cars? 
Death to those cars. 
I think they will go from the very high shelf right into the trash can.
2 boys + 2 cars + wood floors = obnoxiously loud noise
*  1 baseball bat
*  1 hammer
*  a few beads
*  2 flashlights
* 1 baseball
*  1 wrench
* 1 pirate costume
*  1 screwdriver
*  1 magnetic chore chart
*  About 3 billion chore chart magnets
*  1 light cover - we need to be able to quickly access the light bulbs in the boy's room for those nights that they keep turning the light on...
*  Our wedding book.  (Our wedding book?)
Weird.
*  Brooklyn's plaster foot and hand prints.
*  1 box of prizes for good behavior

We could seriously do some kind of phychological analysis on that list of stuff...
All we're really missing is a moldy chicken nugget and a weapon of some kind.
We'll have to work on that.


For the record:  I don't actually own a machete
and I definitely don't keep my chocolate up there. 
I mean, I don't want to have to actually get a stool when I need chocolate -
that would be way too much work.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think your problem stems back to the boys....99% of those items are the boy's toys. Maybe you should just put them up there with no toys, I am sure that would solve all of your problems ;) ok, maybe not the broken arm Bradley would get jumping off of there.