Because the grandparents love us (and spoil us)
they treated us all to a day at the happiest place on Earth.
they treated us all to a day at the happiest place on Earth.
I knew about this trip for several months before
and I have to tell you that it was giving me anxiety.
and I have to tell you that it was giving me anxiety.
Remember all those stories about Bradley getting lost?
In my mind I was calculating what Bradley plus Disneyland might produce.
And seriously, it gave me a fright.
BUT, I am proud to announce that he did awesome.
He didn't wander, he didn't hide and most importantly, we didn't lose him.
That's right - go ahead and give me a few 'Super Mom' points for that one.
The kids did great and we had a blast!
Stopping for lunch
Tinkerbell's line was like 3,000 times shorter than the princess'.
The only D-land celebs that really matter at our house.
I know they aren't smiling,
but I want all of you to give proper appreciation for this picture.
You have no idea what it took to get them to look at me.
All the 'other' kids would walk up there and happily pose for a picture.
The Bowen kids however, walked in there and had to look in Mater's mouth,
look for door handles, try to climb on the hood ,
circle each cars entire perimeter and then give McQueen a loving squeeze.
This is true love, my friends.
I think those 2 minutes with McQueen made Bradley's entire life.
My sweet, sweet Babe. She did not want to miss a thing.
But she did just tell me that "It's a Small World" was her favorite.
I know they aren't smiling,
but I want all of you to give proper appreciation for this picture.
You have no idea what it took to get them to look at me.
All the 'other' kids would walk up there and happily pose for a picture.
The Bowen kids however, walked in there and had to look in Mater's mouth,
look for door handles, try to climb on the hood ,
circle each cars entire perimeter and then give McQueen a loving squeeze.
This is true love, my friends.
I think those 2 minutes with McQueen made Bradley's entire life.
My sweet, sweet Babe. She did not want to miss a thing.
But she did just tell me that "It's a Small World" was her favorite.
Bradley enjoyed himself, but he wasn't too sure of the rides.
I think he preferred to people watch and look for pre-chewed wads of gum.
I asked him what his favorite ride was, but he couldn't tell me.
He did however, tell me what his least favorite was:
Yes, for some reason the Carousel absolutely terrified him.
We tried to sit him on one of those evil horses which made him kick and scream in fear.
Weird.
But really, look at the closest horse in the picture.
It is a little creepy.
Hark! Is that a smile?
I'm pretty sure he only smiled because he was trying to swoon me
into buying him that Woody Hat.
Nice try, partner.
Can you see my phone number "tattooed" on his right arm?
You gotta do what ya gotta do.
This trip was a new experience for Jack. He has finally grown enough to ride the 40" rides.
Some of which can be a bit scary.
Have you been to Disneyland?
They have a ride called "Tower of Terror."
Basically they take you up 13 stories in an elevator
and then let you free-fall to the bottom.
Jack decided that he wanted to ride.
Suit yourself.
So the rest of the fam took him up while I sat with the little ones.
I was prepared with my camera because I was sure
he would be bawling when he came out.
But I was wrong.
They all came out busting up with laughter.
Apparently Jack was quite a scene on that ride.
His knuckles were white and his eyes were as big as baseballs.
Can you see him?
That teeny weeny fellow in the back.
This is a picture of a picture so the quality isn't great, but priceless none the less.
Such a concerned look on that little face.
Seriously though, does he look like he's big enough to be on that ride?
I held a small interview with him when he got off and he said he would like to go on the ride again.
Although as he walked away I noticed that his pants were wet.
I think that ride may have been a little too scary.
What an unpleasant surprise for the person who got the seat after him!
Brooklyn sporting 3D glasses for the Toy Story ride.
Brooklyn is the perfect age for Disneyland.
She can ride everything (except to her dismay, the BIG roller coaster)
and she loves it ALL.
The Fam
Um, are those really all our kids.
We look awesome with kids hanging everywhere.
Like it's all we can do to hang on to all of them...
Three cheers for a successful trip to Disneyland
and a HUGE thanks to Grammy & Gramps for taking us
and for helping us corral our small army.










2 comments:
Your posts always make me laugh, I am also terrified of loosing my kids too. And I love the last picture, priceless.
Okay, Dave's parents have to be the most amazing grandparents EVER. They need to write a book for the rest of the grandparents out there.
Post a Comment