Monday, August 22, 2011

First Day of School

I must be getting old. 
Look at these grown up kids!
I can't possibly be old enough to have a second grader!
I had to show a picture of her entire outfit
because she definitely put some time into planning it.
Yesterday at church, her and her friend Mia plotted matching outfits and matching hair.
This is of supreme importance, you know.
One must always match their best friend on the first day of school.

And this adorable little fellow is a new Kindergartner.
I didn't show you his entire outfit because that was a matter of some debate this morning.
Good grief.
The night before I told him to pick out some clothes.
He didn't want to so he told me to do it.
So I did.
Well, when it came time to get dressed this morning, 
he didn't want to wear the "grown up shirt."
The kids might laugh at him!
So he howled and moaned in his Superman underwear all morning until
finally he accepted the consequences of his previous choice
and put on that handsome devil shirt.
Of course, that might be the last time he ever wears it because
you better believe that he picked out his own clothes for tomorrow!

2 comments:

Valerie said...

So cute! And of course you have to match your best friend, every one knows that ha ha ha

TimothyandJessica said...

Wow they're getting big! Brigham missed the Kindergarten deadline by 12 days. So, he and Rebekah will be going to kindergarten next year!

You're children sure are cute!