Friday, August 12, 2011

Summer Vacation Part 2

During our time in Idaho we headed to the mountains to spend a few days camping,
fishing, and getting absolutely filthy.
There are a few constant things in life.
One of those things is that some people don't mind handling a live fish,
and some people do.
Me? 
Not a fan.
I remember fishing with my dad as a kid and being moritfied
by the thought of touching one of those slimy, wiggly, stinky things. 
Then he'd throw one on the bank and it would flip around when I would walk by.
Bleck.
Definitely not my thing.
But, my little family got their chance to see how they like it.
Here's the report:
Dave: 
He actually enjoyed catching, slicing, dicing and eating. 
All of which I haven't a need.
(But I do think he looks cute and manly out there)
Brooklyn: 
Good grief - she probably gave that thing a little smooch when I turned my back.  :)
Jack: 
Definitely my favorite picture, 
but I have to wonder what us going through his little mind.
My guess is that it's something like, 
"I wonder how Bradley would like this in his sleeping bag?  Bwa ha ha!"
What do YOU think he is thinking?

Bradley: 
Poor Bradley.  His exact words were,
"NO!  NO FISH!  I NO WANT IT FISH!
He didn't mind looking at the fish from afar, but he DID NOT want to touch that thing. 
Of course, you wouldn't either if your brother was sticking it in your face and chasing you with it!
(Look at that dirty face!  Where is his mother?)

Aubrey: 
Well, she was too busy eating dirt to notice,
but she would have likely just poked it in the eye.
But here's a picture of the cutie anyway.

No comments: