My day last week could quite possibly win a prize in a "Disturbingly Gross Experiences" contest.
It all started as I was innocently doing a little yard work in the front yard.
Weeding the flower garden, to be exact.
Sans gloves.
After clearing an area, I was evening out the soil.
Aside from the toad carcass, and the snails (both of which were nasty) I was also privileged to have thoroughly handled a cat hairball. (the hacked up kind - thanks Jenny)
Gross.
Lesson learned: Curiosity killed the cat. Don't inspect strange looking things when outdoors, no matter how curious you are.
After I finished the front yard, I moved to the back where I was joined by 4 chipper children. Aubrey was in her bouncy seat and the other three were just running around doing their thing. I was pretty focused on getting my hedges to look just right so I wasn't really paying attention to what Bradley was doing in my peripheral vision. When I did finally look over at him, I found him hunched over drinking out of the dog bowl.
Echhhh....
My first thought was that I needed a picture of him doing it, but apparently after my reaction he wasn't thirsty anymore.
And I certainly wasn't going to ask him to do it again.
And I certainly wasn't going to ask him to do it again.
I love this boy - but he has a way for getting into trouble and consuming things he shouldn't.
I hope he doesn't end up with a hairball.
Later that night I was making dinner.
And I was starving.
And I was starving.
So...I decided that a couple of Saltine crackers would hold me over until my dinner was ready.
Munch, munch, munch.
I was just about to swallow the first one and pop in the second one when I looked down and saw this:
Nasty, right?
I started spitting into the sink,
but I didn't see any ants.
They were already on their way down.
And spent the remainder of their life hiking around in my belly.
Why must my summers be plagued with ants?
I took care of those little beasts - but I am afraid that I have lost my appetite for Saltines.
That isn't my ant picture - thankfully my ants were smaller, and there were only about 15.
Does that make it any less gross?
No, not really.


3 comments:
Like a hairball of the back of a cat? Or one that had been hacked up? And if was hacked up, how did you know what it was?
And yes, you win the nasty award.
Jenny - I should have been more clear - it was totally one that had been hacked up. And I knew that's what it was because I studied it for a moment. A white, slimy ball of hair that was roughly the shape of a small stomach. Ya, gross.
OH Kira, these are the day's we wish we were working out of the home. I don't know about you though, but it seems like on days like that one, one of my kids will do something wonderful (like say mommy I love you) and then I am glad to be home despite all the agrivation.
Post a Comment