Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Quickly turn it upside down

I am happy to report that things have gotten better since my last post about my little friend Jack.  I changed a few things at home and he kind of just worked out his behavior at school.  I am sure we will still have incidents, but he isn't giving the "grumpy face" much anymore.  Yay for my sanity!

Around this house, my kids get a full pep talk everyday before school.
It goes something like this:
"Ok Jack, what face are you going to make at school?"  [cue happy face]
"And you get what you get and you don't throw a fit.  Right, Jack?"
"And you will listen to your teacher."
Well, trust me, I have plenty to say to them in the morning.  Just wait until they are teenagers.  ha ha

And when they come home after school I start blabbing again. 
I want all the deets from school.
Usually I get the goods over cookies and milk or we snuggle up on the couch.
Can I just say that I love this part of the day?!

The other day I had just finished my daily after school run down with Jack and had jumped on the computer to send a quick email.  As I was logging in, Jack came back over and sat behind me.  The next thing I heard was a sweet little voice saying,
"So how was your day, Mother?"
How cute is he?  I'm pretty sure I basically just gobbled him up after that.

You know, this boy can make me CrAzY sometimes, but man I adore him.

P.S.  Thanks for the tips and advice!

No comments: