Thursday, September 23, 2010

She is hot, hot, hot

Anyone reading this who isn't from the Fresno area (or has never visited) needs to be informed of one fact. 

It's. Hot. Here.

No biggie.  (I secretly like the heat - waaay better than the cold).  But, I also secretly - or not so secretly - like air conditioning.

In the summer, we keep our thermostat set at 78 degrees. 

Toasty, right? 

Actually it's really not that toasty when you imagine a zillion dollar electric bill just for 6 extra degrees of chilliness. 

No thank you, Ma'm.

Well, last Saturday I was doing my regular Saturday cleaning, but for some reason, I was roasting.
I guess I was really getting a serious workout.  Working up a sweat and all.

Oh wait, no I wasn't.

My darling daughter had messed with the thermostat and had switched the heat on.

I can't even tell you how excited I am to pay for heat on a 95 degree day.

Kids...they are something, aren't they?

2 comments:

lori said...

I'm glad to hear that it wasn't something like a broken air conditioner. She looks very cute, even all sweaty and exhausted.

Tringali Family said...

That's why you were so roasty-toasty! And it didn't help that day since you had about a kijillion extra kids running around your place!